Monday, November 12, 2012

Club Dirty Approved: 60's Chevy Truck

Chevrolet C10 First Generation Patina Truck

When I purchased my phone, I opted to have 32gb of memory. I have not used all of my storage, but a huge chunk of the data is car pictures. It is the feeling of not expecting to come across a car or truck worth looking at, and then all of a sudden you see something that sticks out at you.

It is like finding Waldo, but you were not looking for him at all. There he is, and suddenly all the crap you were looking at previously becomes obsolete. All you can do is stare at Waldo.

This first generation Chevy C10 truck was my Waldo 2 weekends ago. It was a Club Dirty contender.

I was walking to my car, leaving from a friends house on the VCU (Virginia Commonwealth University) campus. It was early morning, as I had stayed the night due to some celebrations the night before. Feeling groggy and not paying too much attention to the common scenery, the C10 popped right out at me. It had some bodywork done to it, and it looked like quality work when I was up-close. It had that "Patina" vibe going for it, without the truck looking like it would fall apart at any moment. There was no bed in the back of the truck, and you could see the rear axle and suspension components. They were clean. It was some sort of coil-over setup.



Chevrolet C10 First Generation Patina Truck

If I had known I would write an article about the truck, I would have snapped more pictures. If I would write about all the car pictures I have taken on the streets, you would be here for a long time.

In the future I am looking towards posting these articles, and having a follow up post if I get in contact with the owner. I understand not everyone will be super cooperative with having a mini interview about the driver and the story of the car/truck. The hopes are to share the passion the owner has for automobiles to a population  larger than they had imagined.

If you know about this truck, post away! Shoot me an email if you are interested in the Club Dirty Approved section at mseymour@clubdirtyauto.com 







No comments:

Post a Comment