Friday, April 26, 2013

COTA Is Ready For V8 Supercars

COTA V8 Supercars Kurt Busch
Courtesty: Keith Rizzo, mysanantonio.com
On April 24th, a V8 Supercar and a NASCAR took their first lap ever on Austin's Circuit of the Americas track. V8 Supercars' James Courtney and Fabian Coulthard took to the track alongside Kurt Busch as a promotional day for the upcoming Austin 400 May 17-19.


As a ticket holder of this race, received my 3 day weekend tickets in the mail just yesterday. I will be flying into Austin Friday the 17th just in time to catch the last practice session of the day at 4:15. The full schedule for that weekend can be found here.

I have tried to track down as many videos from this day as possible, hoping to see a lot of footage of the cars on the track. Nothing has been that spectacular besides a small glimpse of the cars going down the straightaway. There are a lot of interviews to be found, which builds up my excitement to actually see all the cars on the track.


I will be sure to let you know where I will be that weekend. I plan on heading to downtown Austin in the evenings and would love to meet up with some other race enthusiasts. I know that there should be a decent amount of Pontiac GTO/G8's in the parking lot of the track somewhere, so I will be on the lookout.

I am not sure if this is confirmed, but there has been a lot of talk about the Holden race cars having Chevrolet badges installed just for this race. I would love to see Holden being represented, but can understand why Chevrolet would want to use this race as a branding opportunity (because these cars are actually cool, unlike most 4 door Chevy's in recent years). The Chevrolet SS is going to be a great car, and we are all anxiosuly awaiting its pricing. We will see how the consumers feel when they become available for sale later this year.

If you are attending the V8 Supercar race in Austin May 17-19, let me know! 

Don't forget to check out www.facebook.com/clubdirtyauto 

No comments:

Post a Comment