Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Circuit Of The Americas: V8SC and MotoGP

Arial View of the Circuit Of The Americas Track
Courtesy: COTA

Today, October 16th, marks the date that the V8 Supercar and Moto GP Circuit of the Americas tickets go on sale. For the V8 Supercars, this will be the first official Australian sporting event held on American soil. I am beyond ecstatic about this. For the Moto GP series, this will be another addition to their American race schedule.

The V8 Supercar race is to be held May 17-19, 2013 and the Moto GP Race is to be held April 19-21, 2013 at the Austin racetrack.

As an extremely avid fan of the V8 Supercar series, I plan to give full coverage of the race in Austin and everything in-between leading up to the race. I will be purchasing my tickets in a matter of hours, choosing the general admission because I am unfamiliar with how the reserved seating will be. Plus from the looks of the map, the general admission spots don't look too bad. I will just have to be sure to arrive early. You can bet that I plan on being there for the entire weekend, including Friday.

V8 Supercars Austin Track layout and seating
Courtesy: Ticketmaster/Circuit of the Americas
If you notice the track is indicated with a black color, leaving the rest of the track grey. What gives?? The Formula 1 and Moto Gp will be utilizing the full track, but not the V8 Supercars. I would have to guess that there are not enough speculated fans to fill the racetrack, but I could be wrong. That back straightaway would have made for a nail-biting view from the turn 12 fans. I cannot complain too much, as it is still a great raceway that Austin has delivered to the fans and the U.S. motorsports community.

If you plan to go to the race, leave me a message! I would love to get a group of people together to make that weekend an even better experience. For those of you still on the fence, here is a video of Mark "Frosty" Winterbottom taking a tour of the unfinished track back in June 2012. He could not bring his Ford Falcon, so he drove a 5.0 Mustang GT.

For tickets and pricing on any of these events, check out the COTA website.





2 comments:

  1. Do you know what the cost of the tickets are going to be yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. $69 for general admission, and starting at $109 for reserved seating in the stands for the 3 day weekend

    ReplyDelete