Thursday, October 18, 2012

Precision Body Works Auto Show


This past Saturday I decided to stop by Precision Body Works for their annual car show. It was a good scene, and there was a nice choice of cars to check out. They had cars lined up outside in their lot and the adjacent shops, as well as select few inside their showroom.

You could see on the inside of the shop that it was their normal working area by seeing the paint booths and prep areas in the background. It was spotless in there, which must mean they take great pride in their shop (or so I have heard).

This thing was ridiculous. More pictures below

I talked to a couple of guys about their cars and the work that went into them, which is what I want to focus on more in the future. There was one ride that struck my eye in the corner of the inside showroom, and i had to know more.

What I saw was a gorgeous 1965 VW Beetle. It was a survivor, with some tasteful additions. It had 40,000 original miles, and still wore its original red paint. 


The engine had been rebuilt, as it had been sitting for a while (I forgot to ask the specifics on how many years it sat). The tasteful mods include the cream accent paint that perfectly compliments the interior.


The owner had owned the car for a little over 4 years. He got an amazing deal on the Beetle through a family friend that was caught in some hard times. He added the wheels, which are 50's-60's Volkswagen production remakes. he also lowered the Beetle by adjusting/customizing the leaf spring suspension.


This is also an original roof rack, according to the owner.

I will provide more in depth, structured interviews in the future. The hopes is to get the full story for not only the car, but include the owner and the experiences/people involved with the creation of the final product. Also these Club Dirty rides were taken from my phone, but I am rather impressed that I was able to capture this event and the sweet rides that made it all possible. Let me know if you have any stories/ more info about any of these cars!





Hennessey Camaro: The real deal














Lots of 32 Fords at the show























Buick Riviera


Buick Grand National. "Vin diesels best friend"










No comments:

Post a Comment